Saturday, February 20, 2010

a Q&A with our Bulgers in Chief

Q) What got you into underwear?

We’ve both already had a post that talks about what got us into underwear, feel free to read all about where our interest/fetish came from!

Q)What are your favorite brands?

Wraith - I would have to say that a majority of my underwear is C-IN2, followed by Calvin Klein and 2xist. As of favorites I would say that I love my C-IN2, Dirty Fukker, Ergowear, N2N Bodywear and Cocksox the most.

Undies Boy - I would have to say that Andrew Christian, Obviously, Aussiebum, Ergowear, N2N Bodywear and Underdaks are among my favorites

Q)What’s your favorite style to wear?

Wraith - Style-wise, I would so that what I wear the most are jockstraps. I would say that out of 7 days in a week, I wear a jock 6 of those days. After a jock I would say briefs are the next style I like. On occasion I will sport a thong or a pair of trunks/boxer-briefs.

Undies Boy - in terms of styles, I would say I am all over the board. I have a little of all in my collection. The majority of my collection is trunks and briefs (bikinis, hip briefs, low rise), but I do have a little of everything. I will wear a thong and boxer-briefs at times as well.

Q)Are there any colours or styles that you don’t like to wear?

Wraith - Styles that I don't really like would have to be plain old boxers. I am not a fan of how baggy they are and the not-so great way they look on a guy. I also don't like the old style of briefs. The style where the side panels of the briefs are long and have a great deal of material. Just think of the old style of briefs your father or you wore back in the day. Color-wise I would have to stay that without seeing them I would say that I don't like strips or poke-a-dot. I usually like solid colors or solid colors with some accent color either on the stitching or the elastic waistband. Now there are some patterns that are out there that are geometric that are pretty cool.

Undies Boy - I really don't wear boxers, except to lounge around the apt or to sleep in if there is company around. I'm not a huge fan of old school tighty-whiteys as well, or full briefs in general - no matter what the colour or pattern. I am pretty open when it comes to colours and patterns, so not necessarily an issue there.

Q)Are there fabrics that are better or worse than others for underwear?

Wraith - For sure! There are materials that are great and some that are not-so great. But I think that it also depends on the person. Everyone has a preference. I personally like underwear made out of bamboo. I also think that the blends that work to wick away sweat are very flexible and comfy. Some of the brands that use fabrics that I like are Andrew Christian, Ergowear, N2N Bodywear, C-IN2, and Cocksox.

Undies Boy - Of course there are, but it's a really personal thing sometimes. I love underwear made of natural fibers, cotton, bamboo, etc. And for working out there are some great fabrics that wick away the moisture, which is exactly what you want when you're working out.


Q)How did you find the style that works best for you?

Wraith - I think it’s a combination of styles that work as well as styles that the wearer enjoys. I personally enjoy wearing a jockstrap. I like this style for several reasons. One, I think they look hot on other guys. Two, I think that I look good in them, especially when I wear the right cut of this style in the right size. I also like briefs, but more specifically, I like hip briefs or sports briefs as well as thongs on rare occasions. I figured out what I liked by doing research online and reading websites and blogs. I also just chat with others who are interested in underwear to get their honest opinion. Finally, I took the leap and I bought stuff I wanted to try out. Sometimes you find something that works out great and sometimes you don't. But the fun is in the searching.

Undies Boy - I agree with Wraith, sometimes the fun is in the research and conversations you get to have with other underwear lovers out there. I know that I went through a period of figuring out what looked good on my body, what I liked and felt comfortable versus what I thought looked hot on other guys. I am sort of going through that again right now. As my body is changing from working out regularly, and with the trainer, previous notions of what I thought didn't look good on me are changing. For example, as hot as I thought low-rise/no-show briefs looked on other guys, I never thought they looked good on me, now that most of the love handles have left me, I feel like they look much better, and are actually one of the styles I can pull off now. It's all about knowing what you feel sexy in, what looks and feels good on you and how you feel about your body - see the next question as well.

Q)What about sizing – what’s the best way to know what will fit your body type/shape?

Wraith - First thing first, you have to know and accept your body type. For me, I know that I am a big guy that has broad shoulders, a bubble butt and a bit of a belly. With this in mind I know that crazy skimpy underwear would NOT look good on me. After saying that, I know that I like jockstraps and I know that there are jockstrap cuts out there that work well with my body type so that is what I buy. Besides jocks I know that I can also pull of briefs as well as trunks and boxer-briefs. And for those who like big guys in thongs, I don't mind pulling off the look if I know that it’s appreciated. Size wise I would say that I am either L or XL. Totally depends on the brand and the cut.

Undies Boy - Again, in agreement with Wraith, first you have to know and accept your body type, which might take a little work. As I mentioned previously, I have worked hard to get rid of the bit of belly and love handles that I had and to get the tummy flatter. When they were there, I used to wear bikinis and fuller briefs alot, along with boxerbriefs and trunks. Now that I've lost them, some of the smaller hip brief and low-rise/no-shows look much better on me - not to mention the trunks and bikinis looking better too, but that's just a bonus. I also know that I don't feel great about my ass and thighs right now, so a jockstrap, while comfortable, isn't something I sport often as underwear until I feel better about that area. Some of the crazier, skimpier stuff is hit and miss. If you think you'll look sexy in it and will feel comfortable, give it a try - what have you got to lose? I would caution to read the site or brands sizing information though, and not get hung up on the letters (S, M, L, XL, etc.). For example, given my waist size, in some brands I am an XS/S and in others I am a L. I gave up worrying about what letter was on the waist band, as long as the company told me that that letter would fit my waist-size. Sometimes, it takes trying a brand to see as well. For example, according to Andrew Christian, I am between a M and a L for their stuff. I bought a L and it was too big, so I knew I would be a M. I also tend to add an inch to my waist size to allow for shrinkage in the wash.

Q)What’s the best thing about having a variety of different underwear to pick from?


Wraith - I think the best thing about have a large collection of underwear is the chance to pick my underwear for the day based on my mood as well as what I have on the schedule for the day.

Undies Boy - I think that there's a benefit and a drawback. I love having a bunch of options to work with depending on my mood, activities for the day and what I'll be wearing as well. That, however has lead me a few times to think that I don't have enough time to wear everything I have. I'm currently on a quest to wear every pair of underwear I have at least once before I wear any pair again. I'm almost at 300 days with no end in sight anytime soon.

Q)How do you pick which underwear you’re going to wear everyday?

Wraith - If I know I plan to hit the gym after work then I make sure to sport a jock or sports briefs that are perfect for the gym. But if I am planning to hit up happy hour I will plan to wear something skimpy like a pair of hip briefs or maybe even a hot little y-back thong. But just like my good friend Undies Boy, if I am not feeling so skinny I will wear a stylish pair of trunks or boxer-briefs.

Undies Boy - I think about what else I'm going to be wearing for the day, what I have to do throughout that day, and allow for some spontaneity since my job has me doing anything and everything sometimes and then also my mood for the day. I would be lying to say that my mood and what I was feeling didn't factor into my underwear. If I'm having a "fat day" I tend to revert back to the underwear I wore before I lost some weight and toned up and hide behind my boxerbriefs or fuller cut briefs, and conversely, if I'm having a day where I feel really fit and skinny, I'll tend to branch out and wear something a little skimpier and sexier.

Q)Do you ever worry about being seen in some of your underwear – like thongs in the locker room at the gym or something like that?

Wraith - Well I would like to say that I have the strength of character to say the exact same thing that Undies Boy says but I can't. For starters, I wear jocks about 95% of the time. So I usually don't have much to worry about since a jock is always gym appropriate. But sometimes if I am sporting a thong or a skimpy pair of briefs I can get a bit self conscious, especially when I have a body type that likes to yo-yo with weight.

Undies Boy - If any of my underwear gave me that much cause for concern I doubt they’d be in my collection. I have been in the locker room in thongs and sheer underwear from N2N Bodywear. I live in NYC, I go to a gym that's pretty gay and let's face it, you see it all in NYC, and so I have less of a concern there. I do tend to go conservative on days I know I'll be at the doctors, or someplace like that where I know I'll be down to just my underwear - I don't wear see through there or thongs, I try to keep it a little more traditional on those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment