Thursday, March 11, 2010

Boxer briefs - the crossover of the underwear world!

Quite honestly, I am beginning to wonder how I got the short end of the stick – so to speak in our initial assignments on the types of underwear out there! I got trunks (yet to be posted) boxer briefs and briefs while my co-bulger got bikinis/hip briefs, thongs and jocks. How did that happen?





Regardless, today we are going to talk about boxer briefs. I think the one thing I will always associate with boxer briefs is that they made their meteoric rise to fame while I was growing up. Calvin Klein used Marky Mark to make them famous, and make them something that everyone wanted to have!



I will admit that at one point they were a huge staple in my underwear rotation. There were some great styles and colour selections out there. There were great fabrics. The thing about boxer briefs that made them popular is that they were a crossover between the comfort and support of a brief and the longer coverage of a boxer. When they first hit the scene the legs on boxer briefs were much longer than they are even now, I remember them going down to almost my knees (or maybe I’m just short).



Boxer briefs allowed you the comfort of the soft cotton that you found in briefs, a variety of colours as well as supporting your goods much more than boxers did. They didn’t allow you to flop all over the place the way boxers did, yet they weren’t as restrictive as regular briefs were. You had a little more room to grow and breathe. It seemed like the perfect fit for guys that didn’t like flopping around in boxers but felt too restricted in briefs. It was a perfect marriage that has only improved with time.



You can now get boxer briefs from almost every designer that makes underwear, but I will admit that the pioneer in the effort – Calvin Klein still makes the best in my opinion! Whatever your chose to wear boys – make sure you find the fit that works for you and wear them well and proudly!

No comments:

Post a Comment